adoptedbabyIzze September 8, 2011

Baby Izze Update 4

The kids went to court yesterday and were met with the birth mom and her attorney.  Unfortunately we are going to have a fight on our hands.  I cannot even begin to comprehend what is going through the birth mom’s mind and where her heart is right now.  I feel an enormous amount of compassion towards her, but frustration at the same time (is that even possible?!).  When the kids started this process the birth mom was adamant that she wanted to do the best thing for baby Izze and she knew that she was not in a position to provide a stable, loving environment for her.  I don’t think anything has changed on her end, but for some reason she is fighting now for custody.  

The court has decided that she can have weekly visitation until the next court date in October.  This must be supervised by a third party approved by the court and the cost split 50/50.  The visits will be 2 hours long.  The kids have never objected to visitation until the birth mom became threatening.  I am relieved that the visitations will be supervised.      

It is hard to wonder if Izze will be a permanent member of our family.  We have become so attached and love her so much.  We are praying that she will be able to be with us forever…  I believe the Lord has a hand in all of this and that we have to trust that the right thing will come to pass.  We are grateful for all of those who have prayed for us and provided love and support.  Here’s hoping that we will find the answers we seek sooner rather than later.  Izze has touched us in ways impossible to describe.  No matter what the outcome – we will never be the same….