TRIED THESE FOR A CLOSING THE OTHER DAY – THEY ARE REALLY TASTY! lOTS OF GOOD TEXTURES!
OATMEAL TURTLE COOKIES
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 1 c. rolos, unwrapped and halved
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter, the brown sugar, and the granulated sugar for about 30 seconds. Add baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined and scraping down the sides.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, using a wooden spoon to mix in the rest.
- Stir in the oats, rolos, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack.