- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, roasted and salted
- Place racks int he upper third and middle of the oven and preheat oven to 325. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently simmer 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan. Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a medium-sized heatproof bowl and place the bowl over, not touching, the simmering water, creating a double boiler. Melt the chocolate and butter together until butter is melted. Remove from the simmering water and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Allow the chocolate to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla extract into the warm chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Add the chocolate mixture, all at once, to the flour mixture. Fold to incorporate. When flour just begins to disappear into the chocolate mixture, add the white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Fold thoroughly. Batter will be THICK.
- Dollop batter by the tablespoonful (or use a medium cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 minutes (the cookies are best slightly undercooked). Let rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
OK – so this weekend has been a baking weekend for sure! This is my third recipe from this weekend’s trials – this one is a keeper for sure! Very moist and great flavor! A brownie and cookie in one! AND really, who can resist macadamia nuts and white chocolate? Killer!!!!!!