- 1 1/2 sticks (171 g) unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) good vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, (High Altitude use 4)
- 3 cups (360 g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (High Altitude use 1 1/4)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (High Altitude use 1)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces (340 g) plain Greek yogurt, (Kirsten used 5 oz. sour cream + 7 oz. plain yogurt)
- 3/4 cup (220 g) Nutella, warmed slightly in the microwave for better spreading
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease a 10 inch (12 cup) bundt pan, set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar on medium speed. About 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well. Don’t forget to scrape the bowl. Add vanilla.
- Mix in the yogurt until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined. Don’t over mix!
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spread 1/2 of the warmed Nutella evenly over the batter. Pour half of the remaining batter over the Nutella layer and spread with the left over Nutella. Pour the rest off the batter in the pan. Swirl the batter evenly with a knife.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Mine took 45 minutes on 350 F Convection.
- Let cool in the pan and dust lightly with confectioners before serving. Enjoy!
High Altitude adjustment are provided for 6500 feet.
Tried this one today for my family dinner too – rave reviews on this one and even I liked it! Very moist – I used all Greek yogurt. Definitely adding this to the list of “make it agains”. Did one very stupid thing – I put the plastic container of Nutella in the microwave to “melt” the remaining Nutella since I was finishing off the jar and caused the microwave to spark due to left over foil bits on the top from the seal – kind of “blonde moment” if you will. I don’t recommend doing that! :))
Very easy to remove from the pan too!