1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 oz. dark chocolate chips
chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls. (If desired, roll balls in chopped pecans.)
- Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Place cookies on cookie rack to cool.
- Makes about 30 2-inch cookies.
NOTE: I made these this weekend but changed the dark chips to white chocolate chips (I thought the dark would be overkill) and they got rave reviews from friends and family. These came from my Pinterest Board and the link is http://www.bakerella.com/comfort-in-cookies/. So easy and very tasty!